Greenville, SC Car Accidents Lawyers Getting Clients Compensated
No one gets behind the wheel expecting to experience an automobile accident. However, auto accident claims are among the Greenville area’s most common personal injury cases. Car accident injuries can be extensive, causing a great deal of physical and financial harm to victims and their families. Many of these individuals soon realize that filing a car accident claim with the insurance company will not be sufficient to cover the high costs associated with car accident injuries.
Even minor accidents can result in extensive medical bills, including surgeries, physical therapy, chiropractor visits, and more. Things become even trickier when the victim loses time at work or their job because of their injuries. Thankfully, lost wages, lost time at work, and decreased income-earning ability can all be covered in a car accident lawsuit. A skilled attorney can even help victims recover non-economic damages such as emotional trauma, mental distress, disfigurement, and more.
Please contact us immediately to learn how our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys can help you financially recover following your motor vehicle accident. South Carolina law prohibits victims from collecting damages if a certain amount of time has expired following the time of the injuries, so you should call immediately. Call 864-633-3739 today to schedule a free case evaluation and discuss your unique circumstances with our talented legal team.
What Are Some Common Causes of Greenville Auto Accidents?
A car wreck may occur for many different reasons. There are also different types of wrecks, including head-on collisions, rear-end collisions, T-bone crashes, and sideswipe accidents. Depending on the type of crash and who was at fault, injured drivers may be able to recover damages in an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. Determining the liability of both parties is essential when collecting compensation.
Some common causes of a Greenville car collision include:
- Distracted driving – This dangerous practice includes engaging in activities that distract the driver while behind the wheel. Some examples are texting, making a cell phone call, eating, drinking, applying make-up, and talking to passengers.
- Reckless driving – Reckless driving includes disobeying speed limits and other traffic laws, such as making sudden lane changes, stopping without warning, and failing to yield the right of way.
- Violations of traffic laws – Some examples of traffic violations are running red lights and stop signs, excessive speeding, and making incorrect left turns.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol – Drunk driving is illegal in South Carolina. Victims of this behavior may be able to collect punitive damages in addition to property damages and financial compensation for medical bills, lost income, and emotional distress.
- Hazardous weather conditions – Driving at night and during heavy rain are particularly dangerous, and failure to do so carefully may result in an accident that injures someone else.
- Defective vehicles – If the car malfunctions because of manufacturing errors or poor maintenance, this could cause a dangerous accident.
How is Liability Determined in South Carolina?
Liability refers to assigning fault for the accident. In South Carolina, only a car accident victim who is 50% at fault or less may recover damages for their injuries. The court establishes fault, although it may refer to police and insurer reports as evidence of what happened in the accident.
Once liability is established, the party with less than 50% fault is awarded damages according to their responsibility for the accident. For example, if one driver were 25% at fault for failing to signal in a lane change, they would recover 75% of the damages incurred in the crash. The at-fault driver receives nothing, and the other driver’s compensation may be reduced if they are found partially liable. So it is essential to provide evidence that you were not at fault in your car accident case.
An experienced car accident attorney can investigate the accident and gather evidence to prove you were not responsible for the collision. They may review surveillance footage, police reports, eyewitness accounts, receipts for your medical expenses, and other documents to show that the person breached their duty of care and that their actions caused you severe injury. Your insurance provider will not go to such lengths to see that you get adequate coverage. Reach out to our talented car accident lawyers immediately for a free consultation.
What Injuries Commonly Occur in Greenville Motor Vehicle Accidents?
Car accidents in Greenville can cause serious injuries and may even be fatal. Victims affected by driver negligence may face months of painful recovery, including expensive surgeries, difficult rehabilitation, and devastating permanent injuries.
Some injuries commonly seen in motor vehicle accidents in the Greenville area are:
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI), which may result in mood changes, learning disabilities, and memory loss
- Broken bones
- Limb amputations
- Cuts and lacerations
- Facial disfigurement
- Road rash
- Partial and total paralysis
- Internal organ damage
- Emotional trauma
- Mental health disorders, such as depression, anxiety, and PTSD
- Wrongful death
If you or a loved one suffers injuries from a negligent driver, you may have a legal claim to recover damages. We recognize that no amount of compensation can take away the pain and suffering you have gone through. However, making a financial recovery is a crucial step to achieving peace and getting back to your life after an accident. Reach out to our compassionate legal team today to share your story and see how we can help.
How Much Money Can I Recover for My Injuries?
Recovering compensation after a crash is essential to making a full recovery. There are many ways to accomplish this, including utilizing your insurance policy, collecting from the other party’s insurance company, and bringing a lawsuit. If you have PIP (personal injury protection) coverage, this is another way to get a fair settlement using a South Carolina PIP claim.
But not all injured motorists have the necessary PIP coverage or the ability to negotiate effectively with the insurance company. Also, if your collision involved an uninsured driver, you may need legal representation to get the compensation necessary to cover future medical care, property damage, lost wages, mental distress, and other important damages incurred in the accident.
Hiring a lawyer can help you recover such damages as:
- Past and future medical treatment, such as doctor’s visits, hospital charges, ambulance fees, medical equipment costs, surgeries, physical therapy, and more
- Past and future lost income, including lost wages, salaries, bonuses, and vacation time
- Decreased income-earning ability due to your injuries
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Emotional distress due to the accident
- Mental trauma, including PTSD, depression, and anxiety
- Treatment for mental health conditions, such as costs of therapy
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium if the victim was your spouse
- Wrongful death
- Property damages
- Punitive damages if the at-fault party engaged in criminal behavior, such as drunk driving or in a hit-and-run case
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help Me?
When you hire a personal injury law firm, you immediately have allies who will stand by your side and protect your rights as the victim of someone else’s negligence. Your insurance provider will simply not do this. The insurer has their own pocketbooks to consider and will typically make a lowball offer that will not cover your expenses.
With experienced attorneys on your side, you give yourself the best chance of getting fully compensated for your injuries. Knowledgeable Greenville lawyers can get victims a fair car accident settlement by negotiating with insurance companies. Your attorney will not back down or give in until you recover the damages you are owed.
Some other duties a personal injury lawyer will fulfill include the following:
- Investigating the accident to uncover the truth about who was at fault
- Gathering evidence of your injuries
- Advising you on your legal rights and options
- Representing you with confidence in the court
- Handling the complex legal paperwork to ensure your case is handled promptly
Should You Hire Our Car Accidents Attorneys?
When you or your loved one is suffering, the last thing you need to worry about is whether your compensation will be sufficient for your costs. At Armada Law, we proudly defend victims with rising injury-related expenses. We promise to handle the legal aspects of your case with care and skill so you can focus on resting and recovering from your injuries.
Our skilled legal team helps accident victims like you every day. We will use this experience, skill, and dedication to pursue compensation on your behalf and will not rest until we get the results you need.
Don’t go it alone in this challenging situation. Rely on our knowledge and honesty in your car accident case. Call 864-633-3739 today to schedule a free initial consultation and discuss your unique circumstances with our caring and capable legal team.