From totaled vehicles
to traumatic injuries,
we turn the tide for your case.

Underinsured Motorist Claims Lawyers in Greenville, South Carolina

Helping You Receive Compensation After an Auto Accident

In South Carolina and most other states, car insurance is mandatory for drivers on the road. Unfortunately, not every motorist obeys this law. Some drivers are simply uninsured, while others don’t have enough to cover the cost of a bad accident.
Getting into a car accident is stressful, regardless of your insurance situation. But if you’re in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver, you may struggle to pay for your property damage repairs, medical expenses, and more. Our team of personal injury attorneys can help you file an underinsured motorist claim to recover compensation for your losses.

At Armada Law, we understand just how overwhelming the aftermath of a car crash can be. As you recover from your injuries and focus on your health, you shouldn’t have to worry about paying your bills. That’s why we are dedicated to fighting for you and recovering compensation on your behalf. To learn more about our services and receive a free consultation, call us today at (864) 633-3739.

How Does an Underinsured Motorist Claim Work?

Underinsured motorist claims can arise if you get into a car accident with a driver with insufficient insurance to compensate you for your injuries. In cases like these, you can make up the difference if your own insurance policy includes underinsured motorist coverage (UIM).

Underinsured motorist coverage is not mandatory in South Carolina. However, every insurance provider is required to offer UIM coverage to its policyholders. Underinsured motorist coverage is different from uninsured motorist coverage, which is required in South Carolina.

It is highly recommended that you do not waive underinsured motorist coverage. You can make an underinsured motorist claim to pay for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and lost earning potential.

How Do I File a Claim With My Insurance Company?

As soon as you know you will be filing an underinsured motorist claim, notify your insurance company. You might realize this at the scene of the accident after the at-fault driver tells you about their auto insurance. You might also realize this once you understand the full extent of your injuries and property damage repairs. Regardless, it is essential to reach out to your insurance company right away.

Your underinsured motorist claim will be scrutinized harshly by your insurance company. You will need to provide evidence that the other driver’s reckless actions caused your injuries and that you are suffering a financial loss because of them. Insurance adjusters notoriously attempt to avoid paying out insurance claims, and you will likely have to wait weeks or months before receiving an answer.

Talking to an insurance adjuster on your own is not recommended. Insurance agents will search for any angle to put you at fault for the crash, even if they are representing your own insurance provider. By working with an experienced attorney on our team, you can make a solid insurance claim and have a high chance of success at receiving compensation.

What Does an Underinsured Motorist Attorney Do?

As your underinsured motorist attorney, our team can help you with every aspect of your claim. It can be challenging to submit a successful claim without a legal background. Providing documentation of your financial losses and any accident-related expenses is essential.

As your legal team, our attorneys will do the following:

  • Speak to the insurance company. Insurance agents often want to negotiate or learn more about the details of your accident. Talking to insurance adjusters can be difficult when recovering from your injuries. Our team will talk to the insurance company directly, so you don’t have to.
  • Investigate your claim in detail. Our attorneys will collect medical records, photographs, witness statements, police reports, video surveillance, and any other evidence to support your case.
  • Explore your legal options. Insurance companies are required to offer underinsured motorist coverage. However, if you were never offered coverage or were never offered legitimate coverage, our team may be able to get the insurance company to reform their policy and include it.

What is the Minimum Uninsured Motorist Coverage in South Carolina?

Uninsured motorist coverage is required in the state of South Carolina. Underinsured and uninsured coverage is different, but many underinsured claims follow a similar process to uninsured motorist claims.

Your uninsured motorist coverage must meet the minimum requirements for liability coverage:

  • $25,000 for property damage
  • $25,000 for bodily injury or death per person
  • $50,000 for bodily injury or death per accident

While these minimums may seem like they cover a lot of expenses, many medical bills and property damage repairs can exceed those amounts easily. If you were hit by an uninsured motorist and would like to receive compensation, reach out to our team today. We will help you submit an uninsured motorist claim to pay for your bills and emotional distress.

Should I Contact an Attorney Today?

Getting into a car accident is always a difficult experience. Recovering from physical injuries, missing work, and repairing your damaged vehicle all add up. If the driver who hit you does not have enough insurance to cover all your expenses, you may be left relying on your underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.

Our team at Armada Law can help you submit an underinsured motorist claim for the best chance of success. With our years of experience in personal injury law, we know exactly what insurance companies are looking for when they review underinsured motorist claims. We can talk to insurance agents on your behalf, letting you rest and recover from your injuries.

Please don’t feel like you must go through this difficult time alone. Contact our law office today for a free case review by calling (864) 633-3739.